*Louisiana Lottery Retailer Licenses are non-transferable and must be renewed each year prior to Dec. 31.To access the Application Package online, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download from Adobe's Web site.
1. Send the completed Retailer Application Package*, required clearance letters (from the Department of Revenue, the Louisiana Workfoce Commission and the Secertary of State) and a $35 nonrefundable application fee ($10 for bonding and $25 for processing) to the address at the top of the application form or to your Lottery Regional Office.
2. Obtain letters of clearance from:
3. Once a COMPLETE application is received, the Lottery will conduct an internal marketing evaluation, security background check, credit check as well as an onsite ADA inspection of your place of business.
4. After this internal approval process, you and your staff will be trained at one of the Lottery's regional offices. At this time, you will also decide on a billing option for instant tickets.
5. Simultaneously, an order is placed with the Lottery's vendor, Intralot, to deliver your Lottery equipment and ticket stock. Your Official Louisiana Lottery Retailer License should be displayed in a prominent area inside of your business establishment. Your newly assigned Lottery Customer Service Representative will assist you in placing your order for scratch-off tickets. For a new retailer, it will be 4-14 days before the install is complete.
Once you receive your Lottery terminal and tickets, you should also
- Decide on counter space for your dispenser and a place near your store entrance for your Lottery play center.
- Meet with your CSR to discuss Point-of-Sale opportunities and sales goals.